Thread: Stupid confession

Default Stupid confession

In the spirit of helping others who bullheadedly ignore the signs and do something stupid....
    Zenith Carb sat for 20 years without running. I finally opened it up, cleaned it. Etc. The large gasket from the kit didn't look like the one I took off. So I cut it to look like mine. Not once but twice since nothing I did would make it run even ok. Today genius figures out the zenith splits into 3 parts, not 2. And the gasket actually fits when the top two sections were split. So, 4 gaskets in I get it right. This might not make sense if you haven't been through this. If you have, you aren't alone.

Oh and has anyone has that nut or clip or washer that you drop and it magically disappears between dropping it and the ground?
    1995 NAS D-90 Soft Top, AA Yellow
    1973 Series III '88 Hard Top, Limestone
    1957 Series I, Deep bronze green

I had more Zenith headaches than I could stand, so I went the Rochester route. Fewer little fiddley bits, and kits and parts are pretty easy to find.

Quote Originally Posted by artpeck View Post
    Oh and has anyone has that nut or clip or washer that you drop and it magically disappears between dropping it and the ground?
    Nope. Never. It's just you
    Alan

109 Stage 1 V8 ex-army FFR
    2005 Disco 2 HSE

http://www.youtube.com/user/alalit

Quote Originally Posted by artpeck View Post

not to bring religion into this, but I have often heard this clip referred to as the ''jesus clip" as in "oh jesus tap dancing christ where the f*** did that go!?"
    ------------------------------------------------
    72 SIII 88
    67 SIIA 109
    82 SIII Stage 1 V8
    -- http://www.youtube.com/barnfind88 --

Quote Originally Posted by rwollschlager View Post
    not to bring religion into this, but I have often heard this clip referred to as the ''jesus clip" as in "oh jesus tap dancing christ where the f*** did that go!?"
    not to bring politics into this, but I hear tell they can disappear like politicians' promises.
    Alan

109 Stage 1 V8 ex-army FFR
    2005 Disco 2 HSE

http://www.youtube.com/user/alalit