Quote Originally Posted by Revtor View Post
The red truck looks awesome! I hope it has original engine and #'s match. . Would hate to see a beauty like this lost to the BS..
Good luck with your import!!!!!

keep us in the loop. .

Thanks - she is and I have seen the VIN's and they all match - she is original with exception to interior work and the paint. Heck even the bonnet is original. Only minor body work done - repair only no replacement. Engine was tuned etc. but nothing altered. I wanted AC put in as I live in Dallas, Texas and yes it does get a bit warm here in the summer. However that would have been an alteration and that is why the AC kit is in a box in the back of the car.

The way I see it I have enough documentation, pictures and everything verifying authenticity that I could win a battle if I have one. As such I can allege:

Unlawful seizure of Property
Violation of Due process statutes (if I am not allowed to intervene with my documentation)

They are really hot on the trail of Land Rover Defenders as of 04/15/2013 press releases. But hey, lets just ignore the real crooks getting stuff through our borders.