Thread: Three Amigos Syndrome

Default Three Amigos Syndrome

Hello,

I have a Discovery II 2001, 118,000 miles. Recently while turning into the Home Depot parking lot I got the ding, ding, ding, and my ABS, Traction Control, and Downhill Assist (three amigos) lights all came on. Did some research to only find out it could be 1000 different things. Took it to my favorite mechanics. They hooked it up to the computer and read that a speed sensor was out on the right front. We replaced the speed sensor, took it for a test drive and as soon as the breaks were applied the three amigos came back.

My guys then took a closer look at the right front hub and noticed metal shavings. They cleaned it up for me but to no avail. 3 amigos are still there.

We are now discussing replacing the right front hub. I should mention, no noise from breaks or tires, everything seems fine...

I'm wondering if anyone else has recently had this issue and what was done to fix. My plan is to replace the hub, if that doesn't work, then replace the shuttle valve, and as the very last and most expensive replace the ABS pump modulator. Thoughts on my logic? I'm open to anything. I'm not mechanically inclined what so ever, but my mechanics are great and will do what I want done. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Kara

Hi Kara,

There are a few fixes for this. They are very beautifully outlined at this website -> http://www.landroverclubvi.com/abs-mod.html

Regards,
    Zack
    Zack Griswold
    Photos/Sales
    http://i.imgur.com/z2wLIw6.jpg - 1995 300Tdi Disco 5 Speed

Thanks Zack!

The site is great!

Kara