Thread: 96' Discovery SD - 5-speed -

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 96' Discovery SD - 5-speed -

96' 5-speed Discovery SD - willow green

Vehicle was bought to restore or use for the 5-speed parts but I'm not going to get around to it. It is a willow green SD without sunroofs and a tan cloth interior. 117k miles. The 5-speed transmission and transfer case are flawless. I had a 96' with less miles and this shifts even better. No slop whatsoever in the drivetrain, making this a pretty rare find. It is was not titled because I planned on using it for parts but I could title it if need be. The only real issue is some rust, but it is completely driveable. The truck comes from CT (entire life, 2 owner) so there is the ususal body and frame rust. The chassis is great on one side but the other chassis rail has holes. Body is very fixable as well. It is running and driving (dead battery right now). Body panels in great shape, interior in okay condition, but mechanically and electrically sound- very smooth and tight driver. Steering is tight and smooth. Everything works (alarm, locks, windows, wipers, original stereo, heat/fan, etc.). Key remotes are missing. Engine runs fine but needs rear exhaust work. Previous owner said it has never been off the road and it appears that way.

This is a perfect parts truck if you've always wanted a 5-speed, or very suitable for restoration. Vehicle located in western Massachusetts. $1500.

Please e-mail roverfolly@aol.com for pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	012.jpg 
Views:	572 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	8280   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	013.jpg 
Views:	547 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	8281   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	014.jpg 
Views:	570 
Size:	126.5 KB 
ID:	8282