Thread: 96' Discovery SD - 5-speed -

Default 96' Discovery SD - 5-speed -

96' 5-speed Discovery SD - willow green

Vehicle was bought to restore or use for the 5-speed parts but I'm not going to get around to it. It is a willow green SD without sunroofs and a tan cloth interior. 117k miles. The 5-speed transmission and transfer case are flawless. I had a 96' with less miles and this shifts even better. No slop whatsoever in the drivetrain, making this a pretty rare find. It is was not titled because I planned on using it for parts but I could title it if need be. The only real issue is some rust, but it is completely driveable. The truck comes from CT (entire life, 2 owner) so there is the ususal body and frame rust. The chassis is great on one side but the other chassis rail has holes. Body is very fixable as well. It is running and driving (dead battery right now). Body panels in great shape, interior in okay condition, but mechanically and electrically sound- very smooth and tight driver. Steering is tight and smooth. Everything works (alarm, locks, windows, wipers, original stereo, heat/fan, etc.). Key remotes are missing. Engine runs fine but needs rear exhaust work. Previous owner said it has never been off the road and it appears that way.

This is a perfect parts truck if you've always wanted a 5-speed, or very suitable for restoration. Vehicle located in western Massachusetts. $1500.

Please e-mail roverfolly@aol.com for pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	012.jpg 
Views:	571 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	8280   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	013.jpg 
Views:	546 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	8281   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	014.jpg 
Views:	569 
Size:	126.5 KB 
ID:	8282  

pictures
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	017.jpg 
Views:	418 
Size:	134.8 KB 
ID:	8284   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	018.jpg 
Views:	477 
Size:	157.4 KB 
ID:	8285   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	019.jpg 
Views:	449 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	8286  

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    96' 5-speed Discovery SD - willow green

Vehicle was bought to restore or use for the 5-speed parts but I'm not going to get around to it. It is a willow green SD without sunroofs and a tan cloth interior. 117k miles. The 5-speed transmission and transfer case are flawless. I had a 96' with less miles and this shifts even better. No slop whatsoever in the drivetrain, making this a pretty rare find. It is was not titled because I planned on using it for parts but I could title it if need be. The only real issue is some rust, but it is completely driveable. The truck comes from CT (entire life, 2 owner) so there is the ususal body and frame rust. The chassis is great on one side but the other chassis rail has holes. Body is very fixable as well. It is running and driving (dead battery right now). Body panels in great shape, interior in okay condition, but mechanically and electrically sound- very smooth and tight driver. Steering is tight and smooth. Everything works (alarm, locks, windows, wipers, original stereo, heat/fan, etc.). Key remotes are missing. Engine runs fine but needs rear exhaust work. Previous owner said it has never been off the road and it appears that way.

This is a perfect parts truck if you've always wanted a 5-speed, or very suitable for restoration. Vehicle located in western Massachusetts. $1500.

Please e-mail roverfolly@aol.com for pictures.

Just emailed you. Thanks.

why cant little jems like this show up in the south? clean rover looks like it will sell fast.

Quote Originally Posted by palazzola View Post
    why cant little jems like this show up in the south? clean rover looks like it will sell fast.
    If they showed up in the south they'd be bought from someone in the North, we don't like rust!
    Zack Griswold
    Photos/Sales
    http://i.imgur.com/z2wLIw6.jpg - 1995 300Tdi Disco 5 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by palazzola View Post
    It is a very cool little truck... completely original, a little rough around the edges as expected. It's the rust that makes it a project.

Surprisingly though, the alpine windows have no rust! ...and one side of the frame as well, must have been a quality issue at the factory.

If you have any, can you send me a couple pictures of the rusty area(s)?
    Jason
    "Clubs are for Chumps" Club president

Quote Originally Posted by I Leak Oil View Post
    If you have any, can you send me a couple pictures of the rusty area(s)?

Sold. Going south to SC.