Thread: Help I need to get the oil pan off of my Rover

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Help I need to get the oil pan off of my Rover

Hi all- I have a 98 P38A Range Rover 4.0 SE that I picked up over the winter. Ran in to some issues and I have some work ahead of me- I have reason to believe after draining the oil that the oil sump is filter is clogged but to get to that I need to get the oil pan off. I cannot however get the oil pan past the anti-roll bar(?) nor can I get the heated oxygen sensor to disconnect from the side of the oil pan. I am no mechanic but I can usually make my way around a vehicle. This one has me stymied. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

So after another day of looking at the manual apparently my brain has engaged. Oil pan removed, sensor disconnected. Now on to the sump filter and hose. From what I see, it's looking more and more like an oil pump repair...

Way to stay with it! I've found myself just standing in the garage, staring at my Rover like I think it will fix itself......

"staring at my Rover like I think it will fix itself"-- This is exactly what I have been doing.

I am glad you got it sorted
    This Message is presented by Treasure coast Land Rover and Terrafirma serious 4x4 accesories

1997 range rover 6.2L DSE
    engine HMMWV 6.2L diesel
    5 speed manual transmission
    HMMWV hydraulic winch