Thread: Restored 1982 Land Rover Series III Truck Cab for Sale

Default Restored 1982 Land Rover Series III Truck Cab for Sale

1982 land rover series III truck cab

Civilianized ex MOD low mileage LandRover that has been completely rebuilt

Chassis: Brand new Richards Chassis 1 ton galvanized thenimmediately powder coated chassis. Factory fitted wIth a civilian rearcrossmember. Twin fuel tanks, new parabolic springs, shocks, bump stops etc.

Drivetrain: Rebuilt transmission and overdrive with all newsynkros, bearings, seals. New clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing. Resurfaced flywheel.
    Front and rear differentials were rebuilt wIth new seals andbearings where needed. Axles were powder coated including swivel housingsand tierods. All new tie rod ends.

Brakes: New dual master cylinder and all 6 wheelcylinders. ALL new brake lines: hard (poly coated) soft (stainless). Allnew brake shoes.

Engine: Disassembled cleaned inspected cylinders honed,fitted wIth new piston rings, bearings, seals and gaskets. Highperformance cylinder head was installed along with new carburetor, electronicignition and water pump. At the same time starter was rebuilt and arebuilt alternator was installed and a recored radiator.

Exhaust: Enameled manifold wIth stainless system from themanifold.

Body: Bulkhead- completely rust freee was primed from insidethen the cavity was filled wIth an epoxy polymer foam to preventrusting. New doors, door tops and tailgate. Few dents remain (souvenirsfrom years past) on the body but here is no body filler anywhere. All galvanized trim was regalvanized and hardware origInally painted was powdercoated. Stainless fasteners were used. New seat belts, seats, wireharness, light fixtures including backup lights. Rust prone lower dashwas professionally x lined to prevent corrosion. I also had a custom bumper made from Pagolin to accommodate a winch which is included in sale.

Tires: 5 New Dunlop radial rovers on powder coated rims.

When I said powder coated hardware I meant ALL of it; pedal boxes,pedals, parking brake handle, fan housing, heater core housing etc. Truckcab is easily removed and can be replaced wIth a soft top or you can go withoutit. This rover was rebuilt to be a reliable driver not some showcar that you would be afraid to use. However, I was afraid to use. The reason for sale is because I have no time to enjoy and my kids are reaching college years. The vehicle was purchase from and individual who restores Land Rovers from Virginia 3 years ago.

Title is clear and is registered in the state of NY, the VIN is SALLBCAH2AA177994. I am asking 25k for her and she is worth every penny. You can contact me on my cell, 518-852-2580 if you have interest.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo2.jpg 
Views:	985 
Size:	147.4 KB 
ID:	8590
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	889 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	8591Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo3.jpg 
Views:	1120 
Size:	155.0 KB 
ID:	8589

Did Ivan Sams build this ?

Default Truck Cab

Quote Originally Posted by 1961 109 WAGON View Post
    Did Ivan Sams build this ?
    Yes he did. I added the custom front bumper with Winch.

I don't live to far from him. He does great work. Also has hooked me up with nos rover parts from time to time. I have his number if you ever need it.

I was going to reach out to him to see if he would be interested in buying back. I have his number and email. Thanks, MIke

Still available?

Just sold it. Thank you for your interest. Mike

Truck Just Sold.