Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oil filter

I've had the Rocky Mountain adapter for years, and am very happy with it.

It comes with two threaded ports for the oil pressure switch and for the oil pressure gauge - very handy, in my view.

Ted

A big competitor sells a spin on kit that I bought a long time ago for a series IIA. It turns out it fits on a 73 SIII NAS too. Pic below is the accompanying filter

What exactly is wrong with a genuine LR filter? I've had better luck using them than others. I actually had a Wix that would not screw onto the oil filter adapter.
    Jim

I've use the genuine LR filters, they're perfectly suitable. It was easier to go to NAPA for me so that's what I do mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim-ME View Post
    What exactly is wrong with a genuine LR filter? I've had better luck using them than others. I actually had a Wix that would not screw onto the oil filter adapter.
    Any manufacturer can have a defective item make it to market.
    One of the main "defects" of the genuine, and others like Cooper, is that the bypass valve is on the dome end of the filter. When it opens the oil if passing over accumulated filth before entering the engine.
    Here's some information (apologies if I've posted before)
    http://www.bullittarchive.com/5000/5...arison_Kit.pdf
    Tom Rowe

Four wheel drive allows you to get stuck
    in places even more inaccessible.

62 88 reg
    67 NADA x2
    74 Air Portable - The Antichrist (tag 6A666)
    95 D1 - R380
    95 D90 - R380
    97 D1 - ZF

I know the original filter, (metal can) type is old and outdated, but I must admit I like it, it works just fine is a little bit of a pain when it is time to replace filter, but the whole car has tidibits that rate as a pain so par for the course I say,

Yeah, I've never bothered to replace any of mine. It's just never been that big a deal to me.
    Tom Rowe

Four wheel drive allows you to get stuck
    in places even more inaccessible.

62 88 reg
    67 NADA x2
    74 Air Portable - The Antichrist (tag 6A666)
    95 D1 - R380
    95 D90 - R380
    97 D1 - ZF