Thread: WTB: Land Rover series IIa or III 88. Overdrive, Hardtop

Default WTB: Land Rover series IIa or III 88. Overdrive, Hardtop

Hi,
    looking to buy a good running Series IIa or III 88. Looking for something in pretty good condition. Doesn't need have to be perfect but mechanically sound. Looking for something I can drive. With overdrive and hardtop. Let me know what you have. Or if you know anyone who is selling one please let me know. I live in California but out of state is ok.
    310-889-8760 or message me
    thank you.
    Last edited by Kingcass83; 10-08-2013 at 05:48 PM.

I am getting ready to list my Series 3 for sale. I purchased this a few years ago from a gentleman in Indiana who had bought it from a local doctor in his area. The doctor was an elderly gentleman who was a Rover enthusiast who had two Series 3’s. He drove the hell out of one and this one sat in the garage for 35 years. It only has 14,500 original miles on it. It is in very excellent condition and has spent every night of it’s life in a garage. The interior is in unbelievable condition.

As you can see by the photos it is a true time capsule. I have all of the original documentation and a full binder of info on this truck, window sticker, manuals, spare keys, etc. There have been two articles written about this truck in Rover’s North magazine and Hagerty’s News. The paint is original, and the frame is in solid, great condition. This truck has never been off-road. It has new tires, new wheels, new mirrors, new belts and hoses and a new carb and fuel tank. Everything else is original. I still have the original carb and 15” wheels.

I have owned many vintage Rovers in the past and drive a Discovery and RR as my daily drivers. I am selling this because I am looking for a Series 1. This truck needs absolutely NO work.

Attached are a few pics. If you are interested I can send more photos or jump on the phone. I have a price in my head but I am open to realistic offers, not a low-ball number.

I also run the Pinehurst Land Rover Society here in Baltimore, MD. http://thepinehurstlandroversociety.tumblr.com

Thanks for looking, Ron Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1974.jpg 
Views:	837 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	9041Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0174.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	9042Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0166.jpg 
Views:	370 
Size:	112.6 KB 
ID:	9043Click image for larger version.