Thread: 97 defender power loss

Default 97 defender power loss

My 97 defender 90 with 108 k miles has a loss of power at low rpm. Pushing down on gas pedal brings it back to life only to die out again shortly after I take my foot out of it. Codes read; P 1178, P1138, and P 0300. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by John05354 View Post
    My 97 defender 90 with 108 k miles has a loss of power at low rpm. Pushing down on gas pedal brings it back to life only to die out again shortly after I take my foot out of it. Codes read; P 1178, P1138, and P 0300. Any thoughts?
    Time for a 300TDI swap.
    67 angry hamsters

Quote Originally Posted by John05354 View Post
    Check your MAF/ clean out, clean the plug, and your Ox sensors might need replacing.

Along with checking your O2 sensors, plugs, wires (possibly ign. coil), and MAF; you might also check for intake air leaks first. This might cause the codes you listed to be thrown.

'95 R.R.C. Lwb
    '76 Series III Hybrid 109
    '70 Rover 3500S