Thread: Gearbox/Transfer Case/Overdrive service recommendations SIIa

Default Gearbox/Transfer Case/Overdrive service recommendations SIIa

Hello! I have a stock 1967 Series IIa with 4-speed gearbox/transfer case and overdrive. These units are currently out of the vehicle while I am rebuilding the engine. I plan to re-seal these items and am looking for advice on any maintenance I should do while the drivetrain is out of the truck? I intend to keep the vehicle stock.

At this time, I plan to replace the driveline u-joints, any accessible shaft seals, and housing gaskets as required to slow down the leaks (and it looks like everything leaks!)

I also plan to replace the clutch assy. and turn the flywheel.

If there are any other maintenance items you would recommend, please let me know.

Thanks!
    Mike in Portland

Get some of this:

There are a few lock washers and cotter pins you'll need to replace if you intend on getting to all the seals and gaskets, and count on using a few Whitworth tools if you want things all the way apart.
    '67 sIIa 88