Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 73 SIII engine knock...

great to hear... I will be dropping it of to him on Monday next week.

I have had mixed reviews of the engine rap I heard. Some hafe said that it may not be the bearings... It could just be something rattling underneith.

I am curious to see what Cityside says about it.
    Tim M.
    Ashburnham, MA

Engine swap? Right, I'll need 3 Guinness two hours and of course directions... Time me!
    LOL (memories of "bicycle repair man")

Oh dang, I forgot I'm tied up for the next month or two. If you can wait till the middle or end of the summer, I could drop by and we can do it in an afternoon. Seriously, it's that easy!

In fact, I bet I could muster up a few gents in the area to at least film the event if not help with a little light shoving action.

My first engine swap took me about 4 hours and I was being truly **** about marking the 3 wires that connect to it. I only skinned one finger too, so it was a good experience.

I started to read thru the green bible and I am feeling that this is not a difficult thing. I will make the attempt to do it...

Just borrowed an engine hoist and I will be ordering new seals, mounts, etc... as I believe I will need. Wish me luck!!! I will stock up on Guinness should I require help...
    Tim M.
    Ashburnham, MA