Thread: lugs to short

Default lugs to short

hi guys I have just put on some 16 inch rims that came with the series 3 when I bought it and the lugs seem to be half an inch too short , I am stillable to see thread on the bolt ,should I be concerned how hard is it to put longer lugs on , are they available , cheers

If you are running NATO steel wheels on your SIII, then yes, the studs will be short. Not sure about a half inch, but the studs are short enough that they don't stick out from the nut.

Here's the way I've been driving for the past 9 years using the NATO steel wheels:

I THINK Teriann's vast site had a document from Land Rover that specified an increased torque for the lug nuts when using in this rim on military SIIIs, though I can't find it anymore. Maybe it wasn't her site. Either way, mine have never loosened in 9 years of daily use.
    Last edited by SafeAirOne; 11-12-2013 at 11:03 AM.
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Mark,
    Its 100lbsft for Wolf rims. There is a sticker for it that would be fitted to MOD trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmeanie View Post
    Mark,
    Its 100lbsft for Wolf rims. There is a sticker for it that would be fitted to MOD trucks.
    Thanks Gregor. I knew there was a different spec for the NATO steel wheels, I just couldn't remember/find it. I just use German torque all the time.
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

thank you mark mine look exactly like that you right its not half an inch , thanks

This is the MoD plate for Wolf wheels as retro-fitted to 110's.
    Name:  10000-1.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  62.4 KB
    Tom P.
    1965 exMoD 109
    1995 RRC LWB w/EAS

Quote Originally Posted by SafeAirOne View Post

I THINK Teriann's vast site had a document from Land Rover that specified an increased torque for the lug nuts when using in this rim on military SIIIs, though I can't find it anymore.
    My Technical information web page is the only one with any torque specs. I think. There are some pages I haven't revisited in over a decade. I tried to put all the tech specs together for quick reference.