Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diamond plate wing protectors measurements

Default Diamond plate wing protectors measurements

Hi, I am thinking of putting diamond plate wing protectors on my 109, does anybody have the measurements? I would appreciate yr help. I know they should be 2 mm or 3 mm thick, but lengths and width ?

Make them whatever size you want. Go to the steel supply and get a half sheet of treadbrite.

PM Sent

2006 LR3
    1967 109 Station Wagon
    M37B1
    M38A1

While we're talking about wingtop protectors.... How are the secured to the wing top ? also, I don't see them in the RN lineup, am I missing them ?

They are held on with a bunch of flat head bolts with the corresponding nuts and washers.

I bought mine from AB as I was looking for the silver bare metal ones, and I believe our hosts carry them in black somewhere on the site.
    Bad gas mileage gets you to some of the greatest places on earth.

These are the ones I have they came with sheet metal screws. http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/9425.cfm

Mine are pop riveted on.
    ---- 1969 Bugeye ----
    ---- 1962 Dormobile ----

I guess I mis-spoke when I said flat head bolts. See, the wing protectors have pre-drilled holes in them, but no hardware comes with them to attach them to the wing. (they are $hitpart brand). So HOW you attach them is entirely up to you, and how you want to proceed!

If I had the tools, I would personally have gone with rivnuts. Getting your hand under the wing to thread the nuts was a challenge in a few of the areas.
    Bad gas mileage gets you to some of the greatest places on earth.

Revnuts/ nutserts would be the way to go. In fact every rover owner should have the kit and tool to pop threads in. I've been meaning to post a thread of how easy and all the uses for nutserts on a Rover.
    pb

Mine are held on with rivnuts and a substantial amount of never seize on the screws. I also ran a foam gasket around the edge so crap wouldn't work it's way between the wing protector and the wing. Mine is very easy to remove in the event you need remove the wing to do other repairs.
    Jim