Thread: seats in a 109

Default seats in a 109

So being new on the Rover scene I might have some questions that were already answered here on the site. My question is the seats. In the truck, even all the way back it seems tight. Now I am not a small guy, (265lb) 6ft so this doesn't help, but was looking for advice on what others might have done to give you an extra few inches in the seat. Dose removing the handle bars in the middle row help? Are there seats I can get to help?
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Update- I removed the bar that sits behind the front seats and was able to position the front seats all the way back. The bar wasn't allowing me to get the seat to lock in the farthest slot. Is the bar needed, or is this just a handle for the back passengers?

It may supply some small structural support. You'll get better replys if you put your questions in the "Series" section on here. Not many go any further than the tech part of the forum.

'95 R.R.C. Lwb
    '76 Series III Hybrid 109
    '70 Rover 3500S

That bar offers structural support to the pillar between the front and rear side doors. The do flex more whilst driving without the bar. You can reinstall the bar lower or add a sheet aluminum divider about a foot high at the bottom.

One thing you can do to increase how far the seat will go back is move the seat rails rearwards. There is a flange where the seat box bolts to the body at the back. You can make a notch where the seat rails are and remount the rails a little farther rearwards.

Now that you have removed the rail behind the seat back what is holding the seat backs up???? Defender seats don't need a rail but series seats???