Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1973 Land Rover 88...FRAME OFF RESTORATION

thumb-up 1973 Land Rover 88...FRAME OFF RESTORATION

Up for sale is a 1973 Land Rover 88. This is a FRAME OFF Restoration with over $40,000 put into it!! Just 1000 Miles have been put on this since restoration. All paperwork and records are included in the sale. All the details about this Classic can be seen HERE!

Call Philip at the Office at 561-318-0968 or cell at 561-313-8162. I SELL NOTHING BUT QUALITY CLASSIC VEHICLES!!! SERIOUS BUYERS/COLLECTORS ONLY!!! If this was one of Lanny Clark'e Restorations, this would cost you about $125,000!! MORE PICS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST!!

You can get this Classic at a fraction of that! Priced at $65,000 OBO!!! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pic 1.jpg 
Views:	1011 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	9007

For $65K you will need to post much better pictures and come up with a better description than:

This includes a Complete Engine Rebuild. BRAND NEW PARTS include Electricals, 6 Proper Tires & Rims with ZERO MILES,Two 5 Gallon Water Cans, Two 5 Gallon Gas Cans, High/Low Jack, Mounts, and Stand(NOT MOUNTED). Has the Original Roof Rack and Roof Ladder.

Vehicle has been COMPLETELY SERVICED. All Invoices, except Labor, are included in the Sale. Also included in the sale is the Original 1973 License Plate and European Plate Number.
    What all did you do to the truck?
    1969 IIA - Tan
    1969 IIA - Blue

Pump the brakes here chief. Restoration usually means put back to factory condition, and I'm not sure I would use that word to describe this truck. One must contemplate if these really rolled off the production line with painted trim and windshield frame, a spare tire thats not the same tread pattern, two pairs of mirrors, and a brownchurch roof rack. Was the frame replaced? Are those tinted windows I see?

Tires and jerry cans are things any one can buy, regardless of what condition their rover is in. You might want to post a description with a little more details about the truck and what's been done to it.

Good luck with the sale!
    ------------------------------------------------
    72 SIII 88
    67 SIIA 109
    82 SIII Stage 1 V8
    -- http://www.youtube.com/barnfind88 --

Not to be a word nazi but Rotisserie is spelled wrong. Also photos of work done would help. Right now this looks like a quick flip of new frame, new engine, paint and a lube job.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Contractor View Post
    For $65K you will need to post much better pictures and come up with a better description than:

What all did you do to the truck?
    This is a Consignment Vehicle out of New York, NY. We didn't do any of the restoration. When we do Consignments, we sell Quality Restored Vehicles. All the work was done by the owner and he has all the records. I do have more pics available upon request. All I need is an email address.

Sorry about that! Thanks for the correction...no offense taken!! I can send you photos of what I have. The only ones I don't have are the underneath, which I can get. It is a Consignment vehicle so I will have to contact my client for some. All I need is an email address.

First of all, my name isn't CHIEF!!! It's Philip! Yes it s a Frame Off Restoration and done quite nicely! No the frame was not replaced. Yes the windows are tinted. If you are serious about buying, I urge you to see it firsthand! If you have any questions, feel free to call me. Thank You!

Looks like a solid truck. I think the problem is a restoration means it's "restored" to a previous factory condition. This truck is not. perhaps you need to advertise it as a renovation or a rebuild. I don't think Lanny Clark would paint the parts that are supposed to be galvanized and call it restored. Just be honest about what you have and you might get a better response.
    Jason
    "Clubs are for Chumps" Club president

Here's the exact same truck in original condition (except for the wheels). Original paint, interior, 14,300 original miles, always garage kept. Anyone want to offer me $64,500 ??? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1974.jpg 
Views:	1009 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	9009

No.
    Jason
    "Clubs are for Chumps" Club president