Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1973 Land Rover 88...FRAME OFF RESTORATION

Somehow I get this distinct idea this one is a tad bit overpriced, "d'you know whot I mean arry" ?

Nope, lol, now if they had the original wheels however...

Quote Originally Posted by ron thompson View Post
    Here's the exact same truck in original condition (except for the wheels). Original paint, interior, 14,300 original miles, always garage kept. Anyone want to offer me $64,500 ??? Attachment 9009

Quote Originally Posted by themotormasters View Post
    Up for sale is a 1973 Land Rover 88. This is a FRAME OFF Restoration with over $40,000 put into it!! Just 1000 Miles have been put on this since restoration. All paperwork and records are included in the sale. All the details about this Classic can be seen HERE!

Call Philip at the Office at 561-318-0968 or cell at 561-313-8162. I SELL NOTHING BUT QUALITY CLASSIC VEHICLES!!! SERIOUS BUYERS/COLLECTORS ONLY!!! If this was one of Lanny Clark'e Restorations, this would cost you about $125,000!! MORE PICS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST!!

You can get this Classic at a fraction of that! Priced at $65,000 OBO!!! Attachment 9007

Great advertisement Sir! So your telling me I can get it at just a fraction of the cost?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rickv100 View Post
    Not to be a word nazi but Rotisserie is spelled wrong. Also photos of work done would help.

Rick
    Any chance of seeing a series truck on a rotisserie?
    1973 NADA 88

Quote Originally Posted by Broadstone View Post
    If you are serious buyer, then yes. The Land Rover is actually in Vermont now. Leave me your number and when you would like to see it, and I can make arrangements.

Philip

Quote Originally Posted by Broadstone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by themotormasters View Post
    If you are serious buyer, then yes.
    Philip-
    The guys are having some fun with you. In case you didn't know, a Series Land Rover does not lend itself to a "rotisserie" restoration - it's just not built like that. I've restored/refurbished 4 Land Rovers, so I'm aware of what it takes.

Anyhow, you have insinuated that this vehicle is similar in quality to a Lanny Clark restoration, and that it has been given a "Rotisserie Restoration" to "Original". Now, when statements like that are made, you have to expect that people are going to point out some of the inconsistencies they see between your statements and the one picture provided.

Constructive criticism:
    1) When trying to sell a high-end vehicle on an on-line forum, it is always best to post many pictures - both sides, front, back, engine, interior, gauges, etc. Land Rover aficionados will also want to see all parts of the chassis, bulkhead, floors, doors, etc.
    2) Provide a fairly complete list of all the work performed & the parts used (Genuine or aftermarket). Focus on the real highlights of the restoration, not things like tires, jerry cans, jack and roof rack.
    3) People shopping for a restored Land Rover don't want to see something along the lines of 'contact me for more info'. They want all the info right in front of them to determine if they are interested. Basically, if you are trying to sell a $65k vehicle, at least put a little effort into it.
    4) Lose the "completely serviced" statement. It makes you sound like you're selling a generic used car, not a world-class restoration.