Thread: water pump woes

Default water pump woes

The water pump on my 1966 2.25 petrol has finally biten the dust - the bearings are shot, and the seal is leaking.

Is it best to replace the pump with a genuine Land Rover unit, an aftermarket pump, or rebuilt the original part with a rebuild kit.

The original pump lasted 41 years and unknown miles, and I'm tempted to just bolt on a new, genuine unit and be done with it, but are they really worth the extra money - about twice that of an aftermarket pump.

Thanks,
    Mark

Hmm, no replies yet.

I called our hosts and I'm sure I went with the cheaper option (because I always do) and bolted it on and forgot about it.

No problems yet, easy bolt up and I'm happy. Sorry, I can't remember the choice I made, but if there was a proline version, I'm sure I went with it.