Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted air cleaner land rover series 2

Default Wanted air cleaner land rover series 2

I am looking for a used air/oil cleaner for my land rover series2 year 1962. I will need also the elbow hose to connect to the carburetor. Thank you.
    Pat

Are these different than a series III? If not I have one of each but I'm not keen on shipping. I'm in RI

PM sent
    Neil Hanekom
    '73 LHD 88
    '75 FFR 109 exMOD Build Photo's
    '99 D1

Note that there are at least two different diameters at the carb end of the elbow, and several variations of the elbow small hose tubes.

Bob Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Both carb tubes.jpg 
Views:	584 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	9293 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Large carb tubes.jpg 
Views:	641 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	9294 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small carb tubes.jpg 
Views:	592 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	9295

Thank you Bob. I did not know that. I need the small diameter one. My elbow should be the simple one.
    Kindly.
    Pat

62 would have come with a solex carb and have a larger opening on the elbow.

Quote Originally Posted by Belkcoyote View Post
    Thank you Bob. I did not know that. I need the small diameter one. My elbow should be the simple one.
    Kindly.
    Pat

The smaller elbow is 2.25" in diameter, the larger is 2.5". There is a rubber tube that connects the carb to the elbow. I know the Weber carb has a metal adapter that slips over the small diameter carb opening in order to fit the large diameter rubber tube and elbow.

Bob

Default Rochester B1 carburetor

[QUOTE=siiirhd88;98299]The smaller elbow is 2.25" in diameter, the larger is 2.5". There is a rubber tube that connects the carb to the elbow. I know the Weber carb has a metal adapter that slips over the small diameter carb opening in order to fit the large diameter rubber tube and elbow.

Hello,
    I just figure out my carburetor is a Rochester B1 which Is not original for my 1962 land rover series 2. The diameter is 2.25. Is it a good brand or I should buy a solex one. Thank you for your help.
    kindly
    Pat

The B type Rochester is a simple and fine carb, if not the most fuel efficient, for your truck. If set up right, it is considered an 'upgrade' carb, and rebuild kits are available at many auto parts stores.

I have a Rochester on my 109 and due to its height the elbow was rubbing on the underside of the bonnet. I trimmed a bit metal off of the carb end of the elbow, and shortened the rubber tube to gain some clearance.

Bob

Default Thank you Bob!

[QUOTE=siiirhd88;98301]The B type Rochester is a simple and fine carb, if not the most fuel efficient, for your truck. If set up right, it is considered an 'upgrade' carb, and rebuild kits are available at many auto parts stores.

I have a Rochester on my 109 and due to its height the elbow was rubbing on the underside of the bonnet. I trimmed a bit metal off of the carb end of the elbow, and shortened the rubber tube to gain some clearance.

I think I am going to keep it. It is going to work better with an air filter. Now it's not responding right away. Too much air.
    Do you have a de luxe bonnet? Or the flat one.
    thank you
    Pat