Thread: 1961 Land Rover 88 Series II Complete Original Barn Find

Default 1961 Land Rover 88 Series II Complete Original Barn Find

Hello,

I have a 1961 Land Rover Series 88 for sale. I have been debating about selling it. So here goes. It was purchased buy a Texas Oil Company and was used by the owner. He had it for years then parked it in the barn until I bought it a few years ago.

It's a 1961 with the safari or tropical top with sunshade. Has one piece rear door. It also has the hard to find capstan winch. The rover was running and driving when parked. The body is pretty straight, the hood and one front panel on wing needs a little attention but the doors and back half are pretty dang good. The bulkhead looks to be really good too. Has one little rust hole in floor board because of the rubber mat. The bulkhead just has surface rust only, paint was pretty thin so it got some surface rust. The frame looks nice. Still has some of the original paint on it, it has some surface rust too. The rear bumper or support has rust in it in the very bottom. I figure it got some mud in it over the years and rusted, which this was a normal deal on these and a new rear bumper is available and an easy fix. The rover is not running right now. I have just got it out of storage and just blasted and powdercoated the original wheels and put tires on them. I have just installed new front glass and i am in the process of installing new alpine glass rubber gasket material. I have been working on getting it started. In process of removing starter and cleaning it, it spins but is not engaging flywheel. Motor turns over nice. The rover is one of the most complete original untouched pieces I have seen in a long time. That has a lot of the hard to find options, such as the winch, tropical top, sun shade roof, and the deluxe bonnet. This rover would be a great project for someone looking for a high option rover. 5000 obo
    Last edited by Arrington; 04-01-2014 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Sold 66

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	810 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	9539

Views:	567 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	9540

Views:	496 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	9541

Yes this rover has title. Both rovers have title.

Sold