Thread: Alternative for DB10 Relay

Default Alternative for DB10 Relay

This one is aimed at those with Series 1's.. I'm wanting as authentic of a look with my rear lights as possible, but considering they are stop/tail only, I'd like to add turns as well. I know that the 86" and 88" station wagons used a Lucas DB10 unit or similar to interrupt the brake light and flash it as an indicator.. Seeing as new DB10 units are somewhat expensive, does anyone know of any alternatives? Any thoughts?
    Thanks.
    1956 86" S1
    1957 88" S1
    1967 109" SIIA NADA
    2007 LR3

You'd want to find a turn signal switch from a Ford or Chevy from that vintage. No-brainer wiring. The turn signals work when you use the switch, and when braking the switch automatically short-circuits the power going to the signal-side lamp. Does that make sense? Then you just need a simple two prong flasher can. I should think you could put it all together for not much dough.

PS I just found this