Thread: 101 delivered with a 5 bolt spare

Default 101 delivered with a 5 bolt spare

I was aware before purchase. Why even send it?

i am therefore looking for the rare and elusive six stud 101 wheel.

Anyone got a spare spare?

Send a PM........
    '65 Series IIA, 88'
    '00 Discovery II
    '08 Jaguar xj8
    '95 RRC LWB, deceased.....
    '75 Forward Control GS, 72 FL 64, gone to CA!

As it is a vehicle (And light gun) specific wheel you may have gathered that those that have them in the US keep 'em.

Its far easier to look in the UK and ship from there. You will get used to doing that with a 101 anyway so you may as well start now.
    Its not too expensive if you make sure the tyre is not mounted.

The other option is to go and make friends with he Mog crowd and buy a set of rims from them giving you larger wheels and more ground clearance although they are not very pretty to look at.

I was looking these up, aparently john craddock has the 6 lug 101 wheels for about 85£... So maybe like 130$ or so? Plus shipping, which I expect to be hefty...

http://www.johncraddockltd.co.uk/oth...heel-et25.html

You might want to do your research into the JC wheels. Its been a while since I looked but they used to be 8" wide which is different width from the stock 6.5" so you could mount something other than the bar grip or Michelins. Of course, you could buy a package of five.

There is a 101 club in the UK and I believe they still allow the great unwashed access to the for sale section so that's probably your easiest place to look.

I am on Craddock's site regularly and had not noticed the 8" six studs, Believe it or not, I found, or was promised a 6.5" six stud wheel here in Tennessee.

I don't think you could flat a Goodyear bar grip so I have not pressed the issue of late.

Craddock is a great resource for 101's as is the 101 Club of which I am a member. Rovers North is my go to for my 88.

Craddock is exporting for me today a set of Rover Strombergs complete with manifold and linkage I purchased on ebay in the UK. This is a big help since the seller did not want to ship internationally. Their FedEx shipping is fast an economical.

I was a 101 neophyte when I first posted this about the wheel, but not so much any more.

That being said, these forums are invaluable because there is always someone with a bit of knowledge you do not possess.

Thanks for your help............

JSH

ATTACH=CONFIG]9795[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    '65 Series IIA, 88'
    '00 Discovery II
    '08 Jaguar xj8

It is my understanding that you can mount. A 37x12.5R16 on the 6.5" wheel. Because they are so tall there is not much risk of them peeling off the rim. Certainly there would be less chance on an 8" rim

Comments?
    '65 Series IIA, 88'
    '00 Discovery II
    '08 Jaguar xj8