Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Series Land Rover friendly shops?

People's Republick of Cambridge & Malpais CR

Default Series Land Rover friendly shops?

I recall seeing a list (or maybe it was a map) of Series Land Rover friendly shops all over the US? I've tried searching here but no luck.

Can anyone help with a link please?

I am planning an east coast trip and want to look into resources from Miami to Boston

Thnx
    The Toltec Coffee fleet....
    96 FZJ80: 3XL, lifted, and shaved
    94 FZJ 80: our Costa Rican coffee and surf mobile
    70 Series IIA 88: After 18 months of wrenching, its alive and legal to drive!
    70 Series IIA 88: in US on H-1B visa
    56 Series I 86: a whole new type of rover hell....

Our hosts have a list of shops and links here: http://www.roversnorth.com/info/31 Don't know if that's the list you were thinking of.
    Harvey

Quote Originally Posted by REDrum View Post
    I am planning an east coast trip and want to look into resources from Miami to Boston
    Thnx
    You might consider registering on the "Birmabright Brotherhood" site. It doesn't cost anything and provides a map of members for trip planning. I've never had to reach out to any members but it's nice to know that, as the brotherhood motto states, if your "Rover (is) Broke?"... you can... "Call a Bloke!"

EDIT: I just remembered THIS site.
    The default map location is the UK, but you can move the view over to the US. Use the boxes above the map to select which points of interest you want to see. The site can be a little persnickety & slow loading (on my ancient laptop & feeble wifi, anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by darbsclt View Post
    You might consider registering on the "Birmabright Brotherhood" site. It doesn't cost anything and provides a map of members for trip planning. I've never had to reach out to any members but it's nice to know that, as the brotherhood motto states, if your "Rover (is) Broke?"... you can... "Call a Bloke!"
    Agreed, I like the idea of the Birmabright Brotherhood as an additional safety net.

EDIT: I just remembered THIS site.
    The default map location is the UK, but you can move the view over to the US. Use the boxes above the map to select which points of interest you want to see. The site can be a little persnickety & slow loading (on my ancient laptop & feeble wifi, anyway).
    Thanks for thinking of my SeriesParts.com site. While the map has been through several rewrites to improve performance significantly, I do have another planned to try to resolve the lingering issues (incl. crashes on mobile). More modern browsers which support sending locations will automatically center on your location, which is much faster if you're not in the UK (it's especially slow due to the sheer number of Series parts & businesses in their homeland). You can also uncheck the box for eBay parts and only check the box for garages.

There are more businesses in the queue to add to the site, so it's by no means comprehensive... yet. I'll try to review the pending ones this weekend and either add the ones on the eastern seaboard or post some links here.
    rikuwoiku — to travel overland.
    1982 Series III 88" (RHD w/2.8L Daihatsu diesel)
    2002 Discovery II SE

CentreSteer.com — A podcast by, for, and about Land Rover owners. (Panelist & Content Producer)

SeriesParts.com — A master list of parts, part suppliers (our gracious hosts included), and repair shops for Series Land Rovers.

Quote Originally Posted by morgant View Post
    Thanks for thinking of my SeriesParts.com site. While the map has been through several rewrites to improve performance significantly...
    Great to hear! You really do have a brilliant site & I fully accept that the majority of "performance issues" stem from my 7(?) year old Macbook and aging snow leopard system software.

Thanks for your hard work!

Cheers!

@REDrum In addition the the garages that can be found on the SeriesParts.com/local map (and the SeriesParts.com/garages page, of course), I have the following garages on the Eastern seaboard to still vet & list. Disclaimer: I have no idea whether they necessarily service Series trucks, are still in business, are any good, etc.

Arlington Motorcar Service in Vienna, VA
    British 4x4 Specials in Elizabethtown, PA
    Expedition Imports in Long Island, NY
    Flying Circus English Cars in Durham, NC
    Import Clinic in Charlotte, NC
    Kane Motorcar Company in North Kingstown, RI
    Rover Rescue Shop in Lakeland, FL
    Rovertek in West Babylon, NY
    Urban Land Cruisers + Land Rovers in Atlanta, GA

@darbsclt I'm very glad you like the site. Series Rovers are not the only older technology I have a soft spot for, so I try to make the site as backwards compatible as possible with somewhat graceful degradation.
    2002 Discovery II SE

CentreSteer.com — A podcast by, for, and about Land Rover owners. (Panelist & Content Producer)

SeriesParts.com — A master list of parts, part suppliers (our gracious hosts included), and repair shops for Series Land Rovers.

Add Trevor in Elizabethtown PA.
    Also Independent in Bethesda, MD

Quote Originally Posted by o2batsea View Post
    Add Trevor in Elizabethtown PA.
    Also Independent in Bethesda, MD
    Thanks for the additions. Trevor was on the list and I'll add Independent to my queue.
    2002 Discovery II SE

Ya Independent always has a Defender or two and a couple Series on the lot along with the requisite Bethesda area plushmobiles. I have yet to go in there ( since I am my own Service Department ), but I hear good things. I think Matt Moran said he liked the guy.
    Trevor, goes without sayin', is the best.

Here in Texas you can add North Texas British. Located in Dallas, they do work on a number of Series trucks around here.