Thread: To Buy or Not to Buy...2003 RR

Default To Buy or Not to Buy...2003 RR

Hello All, Just found a 2003 RR for sale for cheap ($2,500) and considering buying. I don't have alot of info at the moment other than it has 77k miles on it and runs good, waiting for more info. I'm familiar w/ the older series and Discoverys but not so much so on the later model RRs. I've heard many complaints on reliabilty...anything in particular that I should be looking for? Thanks

The usual head gasket leaks, Some 4.6L have a problem with coolant leaking around bolt holes in the block, thus seeming to be a leaking head gasket. Just went through this while helping a friend who thought he blew a head gasket. (He paid to have a new set of gaskets installed, only to find one of these bolt hole leaks was the actual trouble.) LR North American doesn't admit there are any problems of this sort (or any sort for that matter...). Leaking rear hubs. Radiator troubles. Check out some other forums that are more active with the newer LR's and see what they have to say.

'95 R.R.C. Lwb (Gone...)
    '76 Series III Hybrid 109
    '70 Rover 3500S