Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "overheating" problem

it has a fan shroud, guess I will need to hunt down a thermometer and check my temps at different points

The fan I'm talking about is thermostatically controlled and can be adjusted to come on before you get too hot. A laser temp measuring gun can tell you what temp you are running at the radiator's hottest point.

Rob

well new thermostat came today along with my swivel seals, pinion seal, etc etc etc, so I went ahead and threw the new thermostat in, as well as soldering in a solid state voltage stabilizer and getting rid of the 50+ year old rover stabilizer. drove it around for 30-40 minutes and no "overheating" issues at all and ran great. next up replacing all those leaky seals