Thread: 1970 Land Rover Series 2a 88”

Default 1970 Land Rover Series 2a 88”

Sold.
    Thanks.

Purchased about 4 years ago after a long search for a restoration candidate. LHD, petrol, safari roof, bonnet mounted spare, RN roof rack and ladder, locking hubs, Smiths heater, and great patina. 69,948 reported miles. Titled, registered as historic, and located in NJ. The rover sat for an estimated 10 years before I bought it. The previous owner bought it from a lady that lived in VT and had it serviced at Rovers North during the 80s. I have the receipts to prove it! The rover clearly does not start or run and probably hasn’t in 14 years or so. However, the engine turns with the hand starter and seems to be well taken care of over all.

The bad beyond what I stated above:
    Needs full restoration
    Needs a gas tank and new lines
    Needs seats and a new headliner
    The bulkhead and tunnel area has been patched in the past and could use a fresh going over.
    The door bottom’s lowest piece of steel should be replaced on both doors.
    All rubber should be replaced
    Needs new window channels
    Driver side door top will need to be replaced
    The door posts have holes at the very bottom.

The good:
    I am selling this rover with a Marsland galvanized chassis purchased from our host last year along with the parabolic springs and OME shocks.
    Right now I have the new chassis on the springs, axles, and wheels inside my garage with the Rover in front of the garage door on axle stands waiting for the transfer of parts.

Overall this project is at the beginning and I find myself in a position that I need to sell it. In my opinion this is a great Rover for a restoration.

Located near Cherry Hill, NJ.
    Pick up only.
    Asking $5k.

Thanks,

Mark Douglas

93 RRC LWB 196K
    93 RRC LWB 55K
    82 Series 3 88” with 200 Tdi
    70 Series 2a
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rover 2.jpg 
Views:	654 
Size:	108.8 KB 
ID:	9814   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rover 1.jpg 
Views:	855 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	9815  
    Last edited by mduark; 06-28-2014 at 01:06 PM.