Thread: 1973 Seris III 88

Default 1973 Seris III 88

This truck is still for sale 9/24/18

My Land Rover is a 1973 Series III 88 and I am the original owner. I have the cardboard box that contained the owners manual with all the literature that was included in that box and the original window sticker. This truck has been garaged since 1995 or 1996 but is driven once a month from April until it snows, I don't drive it on snowy/sandy/salty roads.

It is the original marine blue (repainted see below) with a limestone half cab with a deluxe tail gate (the inside has a galvanized protective plate, 7.50 X 16 very aggressive like new snow tires on olive drab (not limestone) wheels, 76,400 original miles, the front end has a Series IIa grille with the head lights in the recessed radiator panel not out on the wings.

It comes with a Warn model 8274 electric winch that’s mounted on a Land Rover bumper currently NOT on truck, 8000 pound single line capacity, 150 feet of cable, power in and out, free spools, it has the roller style fairlead, 10’ remote control, brand new never used Warn snatch block plus an extra new snatch block, logging chains and a set of Land Rover tow rings (not mounted). I have the original owners manual, tool kit, jack and hand crank in addition to a few extra parts (2 Series IIa tail/brake light assembly with lens, new 34 amp alternator and shop manual).

I have complete maintenance history extensively documented with dates, mileage, work performed, cost and every receipt from day 1. I also have complete restoration history (engine, frame, paint, re galvanized trim) extensively documented with dates, mileage, work performed, cost and every receipt. All maintenance work has been done by me or The Classic Rover (Woodbury and New Milford CT), the frame was restored by Scott Kingsbury (Mooers NY).

Summary of new parts and restorations

All parts are genuine Land Rover, Girling and Lucas unless noted :

12/12 New coolant and thermostat

4/11 NAPA 6524 battery 65 month warranty

12/96 @ 73,990 - New 90 amp alternator (not a Lucas GM Delco IIRC) and volt meter.

6/96 @ 73,671 - New motor rebuild by The Classic Rover and new clutch. Driven almost 3,000 miles.

6/95 @ 73,300 - New horns from Rovers North.

1/95 @ 73,129 - New 750 X 16 Goodyear Work Horse Traction Sur-Grip snow tires, very aggressive pattern, driven 3,300 miles. Also included is a set of 4 tubes same size.

7/93 @ 72,425 - 4 wheel brake job and new front wheel cylinders.

8/91 @ 71,035 - New water pump, all new hoses and thermostat.

11/90 @ 70,285 - New steering box, ball joints, master cylinder, vacuum booster and brake fluid.

6/90 - Painted by The Classic Rover with 4 quarts of Martin Senour Marine Blue, 3 coats were applied. All galvanized metal was re-galvanized.

2/90 @ 68,430 - New front road springs and exhaust system.

11/89 @ 68,250 - New rear road springs.

7/87 @ 62,350 - Complete swivel pin restoration.

7/86 - Complete frame restoration and new galvanized foot wells.

The above is a summary and is not meant to be complete.

Known issues

Right front Warn hub has a very slow leak enough to make the hub dirty and weep a very minor amount of oil

The hand brake doesn't work. It's been repaired a few times but the seal from the transfer case is leaking so I stopped wasting money on shoes!

Asking $12,000.

For whatever reason 1 picture isn't showing, it says front.jpeg so just click that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	left.jpg 
Views:	531 
Size:	139.2 KB 
ID:	9873   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inside.jpg 
Views:	530 
Size:	134.8 KB 
ID:	9872   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	engine2.jpg 
Views:	497 
Size:	132.8 KB 
ID:	9870  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	engine1.jpg 
Views:	470 
Size:	134.6 KB 
ID:	9869   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rear2.jpg 
Views:	466 
Size:	137.0 KB 
ID:	9874   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	right.jpg 
Views:	500 
Size:	139.9 KB 
ID:	9875  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tub.jpg 
Views:	439 
Size:	140.7 KB 
ID:	9876  
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TominCT; 09-24-2018 at 03:58 PM. Reason: price reduction