Thread: 1995 Range Rover Classic LWB

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 1995 Range Rover Classic LWB

My recurring case of automotive ADD has flared up and it's time to turn over part of the vehicle stable.

We bought this 1995 RRC LWB in September 2013 with 166k miles on it. Now it has 175k. I have used it as my daily driver since they day we got it. It has what I believe are RTE rock sliders and the EAS was replaced with OME springs and Bilstein shocks. Tires are fairly new BFG Mud Terrains in 265/75-16. Transfer case was also swapped to an LT230 with D1 console.

Several of the prior owners were Range Rover enthusiasts and they look to have spent a lot of time and money maintaining the truck while they had it. It was in North Carolina through 2011 and then made its way to Florida from what I can tell.

Body and chassis are in very good shape for a Rover. The cowl seam, wheel arches, wheel wells, etc are all good. Floor is solid and carpet and padding are all dry. There look to have been two repairs to the floor: one on the passenger side where the mud flap mounts and one in the rear load space. Both are dry, tight, sealed, painted and/or coated.

The upper tailgate closes fine but there is some corrosion under the handle and the glass is scratched from a bad wiper blade at some point. Were I to keep this longer, I’d be replacing it. Wheel wells, rear cross member are all solid with no rust. Hood has no rust anywhere. Somewhere between 2011 and 2013 the truck got repainted. There are the usual assortment of parking lot character marks, but no serious damage anywhere. Lower tailgate is essentially perfect.

A/C, all windows, locks, heated windshield, rear defrost, power seats, sunroof and CD changer all work. Passenger seat heater works, drivers seat heater does not. I have two remotes for it, one works. The other died a couple months back and a new battery didn’t revive it.

The SRS light came on a while ago when I started the truck and I’ve not been to a shop with TestBook to have it reset. I know that when the truck was for sale in 2011 it was on and was able to be reset then. Some people blame the Optima Red Top battery… Only one catalytic converter is there, other one was removed.

This truck runs and drives great. It feels more powerful than my last LWB that I sold and is tight and straight on the highway.

What I’ve done to it:
    Fuel pump, fuel filter, cap, rotor, plugs, fuel pressure regulator, O2 sensors, fuel injectors and remote ignition module all within the first month or two I owned it. Since then I’ve also done all the front bushings, sway bar links, drag link and alignment. I replaced a power steering line, trans cooler lines, rear driveshaft guibo bushing too. It didn’t have the lower front valance when I bought it so I put one back on with a pair of excellent condition factory auxiliary lights.

I have a bunch of spare parts for this from a donor 1995 LWB I stripped. The parts range from and include: full set of doors with working window lift motors and lock actuators, fenders, quarter panels, front and rear bumpers, tons of electrical and electronic parts including engine ECU, ABS sensors, speedo cluster, factory stereo with lock code, and more. All the parts I have go with the truck.

Clean/clear title in hand. Truck is in northern Palm Beach County, Florida. I sold my last LWB to a fellow enthusiast so hopefully this one can live on in Roverland... I have lots more photos I can send, PM me for details. $6900.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (23).JPG 
Views:	1779 
Size:	114.2 KB 
ID:	9882   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (24).JPG 
Views:	1769 
Size:	120.2 KB 
ID:	9883  
    Last edited by 57loboy; 07-10-2014 at 07:13 PM. Reason: spelling...
    '95 RRC LWB (white)
    '95 RRC LWB (Avalon Blue) - sold
    '95 RRC LWB parts truck ready and waiting to donate to the cause...