Thread: 1967 X-MOD Land Rover Series IIA 88” not quite rolling Chassis

Default 1967 X-MOD Land Rover Series IIA 88” not quite rolling Chassis

1967 X-MODLand RoverSeries IIA 88” not quite rolling Chassis $3,400USD

I have come to the realization that I simply won’t have time to finish this truck. I have too many things fighting for garage space, so something has to go. I bought it as a running driving truck. Like all other Rovers of this age, the frame was toast, the tub had pretty severe corrosion as well.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	November 7 002.jpg 
Views:	981 
Size:	131.8 KB 
ID:	9914

I purchased a brand new Marsland Galvanized Chassis from Rovers North ($2900). This is a special order frame for the Military 88, the rear crossmember is different to accept the rear bumperettes. The Chassis will fit on a civilian IIA as well, with some minor mods to the rear tub. I also purchased at that time a full parabolic suspension system with springs and shocks.

The truck has been completely disassembled; all parts have been stored in my heated garage or my even more heated basement.

I would prefer that this truck went to someone with Series Land Rover knowledge, as it will take some Rover Knowledge to finish the restoration.

The engine, gearbox andX-fer case are solid—this was a running driving truck before I disassembled it. The axels are fine, the swivel balls are in decent shape as well, they still have the original gaiters on them. The front bumper is a little modified as you can see from the pictures. The truck shows 44535 miles on the odometer, I believe it to be true.

Name:	November 7 001.jpg 
Views:	685 
Size:	153.3 KB 
ID:	9915

Name:	November 7 003.jpg 
Views:	831 
Size:	148.0 KB 
ID:	9916
    The Bulkhead is in OK shape, it will need door posts and footwells. I have a replacement tub that is in good shape. I stipped off all the capppings with the intent of sending them out for re-galvy. It has 16” wheels. The wiring harness is in surprisingly good shape and all the gauges worked. I gave the Hardtop away to a friend, but I have a hoop set for a soft top. This truck was never titled, but it was registered in Massachusetts so it is in the system.

It does NOT come with the Thomas winch shown in the pictures, I’m keeping that for my Lightweight.

I’m happy to answer any questions and provide additional pictures to any and all who want them. This is a great opportunity to build a cool X-MOD Rover. The cost of the frame and the suspension is more than I am asking $3400 for the entire truck, a civilian frame from Rovers North is $2800 the parabolic suspension kit $900! It’s worth the money to buy this for the frame and the Parabolic suspension alone! All the nasty dirty knuckle bustin work isdone!! The truck is located about 25 miles South of Boston.

For more information please drop me a line at:
    rovr66@gmail.com

Cheers,
    Paul

Great project and good price! Glws.

SOLD,!

Its a bittersweet feeling to see your Rover leaving! The good part is that it went to the right guy! He's got a LOT of Rover experience, I hope he posts to share the progress!

Thanks for all the interest in this truck

Paul