Thread: Waxoyl (and similar) into Bulkhead Pillars on Series IIa

Default Waxoyl (and similar) into Bulkhead Pillars on Series IIa

I'd like to get some decent rust protection inside the bulkhead pillars of my series IIa 88" (I use a product similar to Waxoyl called Prolan - which is a lanolin based product which I highly recommend).

I have thought about injecting it through the hinge mounting bolt holes, but I have also read on other sites about drilling a small hole into the top of the bulkhead pillar.

Has anyone tried either of these on a series IIa? Which would you recommend? Or is there a trick that I'm missing?

Cheers...

'71 Series IIa "Horace"
    88", RHD, 2.25 petrol.
    New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by warrenperkinson View Post
    I'd like to get some decent rust protection inside the bulkhead pillars of my series IIa 88" (I use a product similar to Waxoyl called Prolan - which is a lanolin based product which I highly recommend).

I have thought about injecting it through the hinge mounting bolt holes, but I have also read on other sites about drilling a small hole into the top of the bulkhead pillar.

Has anyone tried either of these on a series IIa? Which would you recommend? Or is there a trick that I'm missing?

Cheers...
    You can get very good access through the hinge holes; especially helpful is one of the plastic hoses with the 360 degree applicator nozzle, available from our hosts. That guy can get you just about everywhere in the bulkhead - and the frame, as well.

Or take off the wing and shoot thru the spire nut holes