Thread: F I R E !!! - '93 - '95 RRC LWB

Default F I R E !!! - '93 - '95 RRC LWB

Last week our beloved '93 LWB (which was pristine) caught on fire and burned. I was driving it and I suspect it was a bad brake light switch. The fire started exactly where the switch is located and despite frantic attempts to break away the panel below the steering wheel to access the flame, it went up quick. Within a minute or so, the entire interior was on fire. Really sad to watch.

That said, we're in the market for another. Our '93 was all stock other than coils to replace the air suspension. White with saddle interior. Original paint - perfect and never off road. (We have 3 other Land Rovers for that) A So Cal car since new, there was zero rust.

I'm not sure if we'll find anything as nice, but we're looking. If anyone knows of a nice clean RRC that hasn't been abused, we'd appreciate knowing about it. Battling with insurance, but we are cash buyers who know these trucks and aren't afraid of the issues they can have. We just want good bones and if there are a few issues, we can deal with them.

Thanks for any help. We feel like we lost a family member. Here are a few shots... before, during and after.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2282.jpg 
Views:	539 
Size:	144.3 KB 
ID:	10177Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1234.jpg 
Views:	507 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	10178Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1237.jpg 
Views:	495 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	10179Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RRC.jpg 
Views:	503 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	10180
    Last edited by Larry L; 09-16-2014 at 08:35 PM.
    '79 Series III 3 dr. 109
    '83 Stage 1-V8 5 dr. 109
    '93 RRC LWB (burned )
    '04 L322

check it out...
    http://www.adventureriderdude.blogspot.com

You've looked at this one?
    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/4682648264.html

Replace the oil cooler lines first, then you won't have this heartache again. Highly doubt it was a dash fire. It was probably where it started coming in the passenger area after getting going. Sorry for your loss. I had it happen to me too...trans cooler line vs catalytic converter = fail.

Looks like there's a lot to save on that thing...all of the front end, chrome bumper, end caps, grille, turn signals, bonnet? Bonnet lettering for sure ($80 right there) wiper arm covers, wheels, tailgate lower, rear wings, rear bumper and trims, front wings, mirrors, what else? Axles, transmission, certainly the unrusted floors can be cut out and used by someone...It may look dead but it can save the lives of others.

Hi and Thanks.

Not sure what we're going to do. Perhaps go newer to an L322.

It was for sure a dash fire. I saw exactly where it started and it was right at the brake light switch. I tried to break the lower dash panel away to get at it, but it has just enough rubber in that plastic that I couldn't break it away.

Sad. We miss it.

Thanks for the link!
    '79 Series III 3 dr. 109
    '83 Stage 1-V8 5 dr. 109
    '93 RRC LWB (burned )
    '04 L322

check it out...
    http://www.adventureriderdude.blogspot.com