Thread: 1988 Land Rover Defender 90

Default 1988 Land Rover Defender 90

This is a LHD Defender which spent its life in Souther Italy till it was shipped to Canada last year. This is not an ex-military truck and I don't use it off road (well...maybe just a few times to see what she could do).

Chassis and bulkhead are excellent...maybe perfect. 2.5 turbo diesel is newer and in excellent shape. This truck is my daily driver. I love the truck but need something bigger for the kids...so looking for the right 110 to come along.

Not sure how to post photos on this forum so here is a link to an online listing for my truck on Kijiji.com

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/c...ationFlag=true

I would be happy to facilitate shipping.

Most of the interest for this truck seems to be coming form the States...so here is what I have found out;

-cost for an Import Broker to do all of the paperwork is $350
    -cost to ship the truck from Toronto to a secure auto storage facility in Michigan is $500
    -duty on the vehicle will be 3% of whatever is recorded on the sales receipt
    -I simply create a sales receipt and sign the back of the ownership document.

Thats it. Pretty simple and surprisingly affordable.

Just posting this picture because I have it. Saw this 90 recently at British Car Day and spoke briefly to the seller. Didn't drive it or crawl under it but it looks like a really nice truck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN4207.jpg 
Views:	379 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	10216

Brett
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Series 3 88 Diesel Soft Top
    Ex-Mod 110 Tdi

Hey Brett...thanks...thats her!
    I think I recall our chat. You have a 200tdi that you are thinking about dropping into your 88? Or maybe that was someone else.
    Anyhow...that was a fun show.
    Cheers

Craig

Hi Craig

Yes, that was me. And it was a good show given that a lot of folks were scared off by the rain early in the morning. Good luck with the sale. No way I can talk the wife into a third LR.

Brett
    Series 3 88 Diesel Soft Top
    Ex-Mod 110 Tdi

Yup..turned out to be a brilliant day as far as the weather is concerned.