Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mechanical Diagnosis

Or a new Rover

I've had this issue several months back. It really likes to happen in 3rd gear under acceleration. My solve was new points, condenser and re-set the timing.

That said, I'm now going to replace the entire dizzy because the center shaft has a "wobble" in it due to age/wear. In fact I just ordered one with an electronic conversion. We'll see how that goes....

I've ordered a new condenser and am anxious to see how that goes. Thanks for the advise.

Replacing the distributor on Rover engines with higher miles can make a huge difference, they do get kind of loose and wobbly,,,

If I replace the ignition condenser will I need to adjust the timing or is it an attach and drive kind of deal? Thanks

It's rather a plug-and-play sort of thing. But, it never hurts to verify your proper timing and dwell angle for the points.

'95 R.R.C. Lwb (Gone...)
    '76 Series III Hybrid 109
    '70 Rover 3500S

tomster, replacing the coil is no big deal, should be a phillips screw into the clamp piece, but wouldnt hurt to check the point gap while you are there.
    Good luck, Bruce

Right on, Thanks