Thread: Centre Bench Seat 109 Ten Seater Station Wagon `1967 Nada

Default Centre Bench Seat 109 Ten Seater Station Wagon `1967 Nada

Hi all

I need to change these out or recover them... Foam is dead.. I want to goto elephant Hide

1) Seat, came in 15 1/2 wide or 17 1/2 wide How or where to due measure from to no what you have

2) Back, Same issue .How or where to due measure from to no what you have

Exmoor is I assume where I would need to order from , get the right part number to give to RN to order

Exmoor does offer a re-trim kit

Has any ever done this before? If so, feed back.

Thanks
    1967 Land Rover 109
    1966 Land Rover 109

Joshua Tyler

We also have a 1967 NADA 109 that had the same problem. I took to seat out, took it to an auto upholstery shop and asked how much elephant hide material I needed. I bought the material from RN, brought it to the shop and they recovered the seat. Easy ( but expensive). They also added new foam.

The shop said I needed 3 yards of the material.
    Last edited by Paul and Judson; 11-07-2014 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Additional info added

How expensive? I'll be looking at this myself in the nearish future...
    '67 109 NADA #413 - rebuilding w/ TDI & galvy chassis.

You can buy excellent elephant hide material for about $100/yard from our hosts. You will need 3 yards to do center seat. So material cost is $300. If you are going to take it to an upholstery shop and need need foam / labor it could cost another $300 + or -

Default Center Bench

Here are some pictures of my recovered center bench seat in elephant hide. Nice material from are host. I bought 4 yards for extra material in for future use if needed. About $400.00 Cost me $450.00 to install, with the new form material. Very nice job done by 7th Avenue Upholstery here in Santa Cruz. One question is the bar on the beach seat. Should it be turn down? I did not take a picture before hand

Also I added the ExMoor acoustic floor mat system in the back

and can tell how to get my iphone not to turn the picturs up side down?

Attachment 10510Attachment 10511Attachment 10512
    1967 Land Rover 109
    1966 Land Rover 109

Joshua Tyler