Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brake lines keep pressure after releasing pedal

Hi again.

Changed rear flexible line and everything seems in good order. I could not get synthetic fluid in Mexico, but a friend was in Texas, I sent him a picture of Castrol, he went to Autozone and found only Valvoline Synthetic, he grabbed 3 qt. Will it be OK?

Cheers and happy weekend.

G
    1969 RHD Lightweight "Gwen"

Castrol LMA has been synthetic for a while now, not the vegetable oil-based fluid it was years ago. I think anyone using it at this point is doing so only for nostalgia purposes, presuming they can even FIND any nowadays. My area PepBoys auto parts stores stopped carrying it 2 years ago.

Valvoline synthetic should be similar enough to Castrol synthetic, I'd expect. Everyone who hasn't been able to get the Castrol for years seems to have replaced it with the Valvoline, judging from the results of a google search using "Castrol LMA vs Valvoline."
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Today we got rid of most air in lines, adjusted each corned and now it is ready to go.
    I feel more power, no wonder, rear end was permanently with pressure in brake line.
    It pulls a little to the right when braking hard, but it is just a little.

Thank you for your help and advise.

Have a nice weekend.

Cheers,

G
    1969 RHD Lightweight "Gwen"