Among other things, I purchased a Zenith Carb rebuild kit, and while I think I have it put together properly, I am somewhat puzzled by the contents.

The first question relates to the two jets which are supposed to have been cadmium plated for easy identification. My color vision is pretty sharp, and I could see no substantial difference n any of them. The only clue I had was that after soaking the old components in kerosene aka paraffin, two of the jets had a different colored corrosion. One of these matched the main jet so I surmised the other was the compensating jet. The compensating jet is very similar to another jet, with the obvious difference being the size of the orifice. I surmised the smaller of the two is the compensating jet. Can anyone confirm this?

The other puzzle is the number of leftover parts. I did't disassemble the accelerator pump arm, so that accounts for some, but there are 7 aluminum washers much like the emulsion block 'O' ring, but thinner. There are also an assortment of split and wire washers. With all those extra parts, there were several of the various brass plugs and most notably the pump discharge valve which were not included. Is this typical?

The last question is about the main gasket. It does't match exactly, but is close. Are there any ports which are partially or completely blocked that should in general get modified in order to work?