Thread: Hood Shakes when driven on highway

Default Hood Shakes when driven on highway

Possibly a really dull question, but the hood on my 95 RRC SWB shakes/wobbles when I drive it on the highway or at speeds over 60mph. Is there something I can tighten or do to help this stop?

Thanks!
    First Time Rover Owner / Black 95 Range Rover County Classic 3.9L bought Oct. '14 / 135K

Hmmmm...where to start? Is the latch properly adjusted and closing completely? Are the hinges worn or loose? Is there a wheel bearing or swivel ball worn? Are the tires balanced? Is there a problem with the CV joints? I think finding the source of the vibration most important.

'95 R.R.c. Lwb (Gone...)
    '76 Series III Hybrid 109
    '70 Rover 3500S

There should be an adjustable nut and bolt with a rubber buffer at each front corner of the hood. You may have lost one or both of the buffers. Adjusting these may help with the hood shake.

Quote Originally Posted by MJL View Post
    There should be an adjustable nut and bolt with a rubber buffer at each front corner of the hood. You may have lost one or both of the buffers. Adjusting these may help with the hood shake.
    I second this....
    93 D110 NAS 327
    94 2x D90 NAS #'s 1076, 1181
    95 3x RRC 2-SWB, 1-LWB

Quote Originally Posted by SGS714 View Post
    I second this....
    I'll third this. I replaced the rubber buffers (which were missing) and wobbles no more. You may need to actually adjust the nut as well, but in my case, I simply need to add the rubber buffers. Now, at any speed, the bonnet is completely stable, no more wobbles.
    Cheers,

pc

'95 RRC SWB Alpine
    '95 RRC LWB Avalon
    '06 E350 Sport
    '87 HD FSLT w/ '02 Fatboy sheetmetal & wheels
    '02 Hobiecat Getaway

Name:  HoodTieDown.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  29.3 KB

I had these and they were awesome. Never another worry.

thanks everyone! tightened the nuts and bolts and seems to be doing better. still going to replace those rubber buffers. mine seems to be worn down pretty bad.