Thread: Pay to ship or sell?

Default Pay to ship or sell?

We are moving and will be using movers at .60 a pound to move most of our stuff with us doing the packing.

I have a complete set of military split rims and the old engine out of my military 109 p-up. Though I took the head off because the head of my 109 SW was ruined the engine itself may be fine. I took it out because I had one of the engines that the British military had rebuilt that was complete. The engine is now in the crate the rebuild came in.

The question is - should I pay to ship or sell? Just looking for a few opinions.

Key thing - the wife is fine moving stuff so this question isn't to avoid a fight . . .
    1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
    1965 109 SW - nearly running well
    1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
    1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

Is it stuff you're ever going to use?
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

I always see a move as a fantastic opportunity to purge stuff like that. But I'm both lazy and a pack rat otherwise, so it's my one chance to play one trait against the other for fun and profit.
    '67 109 NADA #413 - rebuilding w/ TDI & galvy chassis.

I too like to purge when I move and usually have stuff at the other end that I think, "Why did I keep that?". The honest answer to is it stuff I will use is - I really don't know. It could be exactly what I need at the right moment and it could sit there.

I have gotten rid of a lot of stuff - though not much Rover stuff to be honest . . .
    1969 109 P-UP

I'd just sell them. Old used engines aren't worth much. Definitely aren't worth paying to move if you aren't even sure how good it is or if you will use it. Split rims are cool but archaic. Ebay them to someone who needs them and have them pay for shipping unless you really need them.
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

Though the rims may still be e-bayed they have been taken out of the 'worth to move' question because I was able to put them inside of my 1965 109 Rover when it shipped!

I do kind of want the cradle that the engine sits on inside the crate . . .

Might as well put it out there - Anyone in Florida need an ex-military engine that is probably in somewhat decent shape in the next week? . . . Remember the head currently on it is crap.
    1969 109 P-UP

Some people do collect the older style split rims, want them for a period restoration, or just to collect, put them on ebay and see
    what type of roverphile hoarders bite,