Thread: Zenith Carb Woes

Default Zenith Carb Woes

Ok, I purchased a brand new zenith carb from a vendor other than RN and I am convinced that it is bad. I replaced the fuel pump, filter, checked fuel pressure and the darn thing won't idle smooth. Idle is up and down an acts like a vacuum leak or clogged jet. i cant find a vacuum leak. I did not drain tank to see if there is crud but pressure is good. I had heard these units suffer from quality issues. What carb do folks recommend? The company mentioned they had customer complaints and offered a refund and didn't recommend sending another.
    Jim Henningsen
    Ocala, FL
    68 Series IIA 88

The best fuel economy carb that you can buy and fit easily is the webber 34ICH. Found through our host or other places. For the most power, people like the Rochester B carberator. I don't believe you can buy these new anymore, but rebuild kits are plentiful and simple to fit if you can find one through eBay or craigslist.

If you have any crud at all the Weber will give you problems. Rochester is a good choice. You could also find a Solex and rebuild it. I've used a Carter YF before and a Holley 1904, if you set th em up for the 2.25 they work well as could any number of other carbs.
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums