Thread: Steering Stabilizer for 1967 109 Station Wagon

Default Steering Stabilizer for 1967 109 Station Wagon

I see are host carries these for sale.. I guess it was optional.

Please give me your view of adding one.

Are they just a bolt one item>

Thanks

josh
    1967 Land Rover 109
    1966 Land Rover 109

Joshua Tyler

They are bolt-on if you have the chassis bracket and a drag link with the bracket on it.

My S3 Lightweight has been the only Rover I've had with a steering stabilizer, and it seemed to be the best driving of them all. Not sure this means much at all. In theory, the stabilizer should help, especially if you are running slightly larger tires. I ran my 2014 J**p Rubicon without a stabilizer very briefly, and it was actually a little scary hitting bumps in the road - lots of 'feedback' through the steering wheel.

I put one on my 67 109 and noticed no difference really. They do look cool.
    I am not sure what jeep does with their steering geometry/mechanism, but when the stabilizer failed on my 96 ZJ, the right bump at the right speed would send the car violently shaking like I had a square wheel. Once I slowed down to >20mph, the shaking would subside, and I could keep driving. Jeeps are notorious for this "death wobble".
    ------------------------------------------------
    72 SIII 88
    67 SIIA 109
    82 SIII Stage 1 V8
    -- http://www.youtube.com/barnfind88 --