Thread: need help finding a 200 TDI Defender intake manifold

Galloway British Columbia Canada and Jefferson City Missouri

Default need help finding a 200 TDI Defender intake manifold

I purchased a replacement 200 TDI to put in my 68 Series IIA and it all went in great until the turbo so I was able to source a set of intake and exhaust manifolds in the UK. Log story short still haven't received the intake and it has been over 18 months, so if anyone knows of an 200 Defender intake please let me know.
    1968 Series IIA
    1987 D90 Kid's project
    German wirehair Pointer (Wood Hound)

Try looking for a 300Tdi one instead. Way easier to find, usually cheaper, and better fit. Only thing is you will have to make or have made a down pipe that will clear the LH engine mount.
    Also you will need the 300 Tdi oil feed and drain pipes. Otherwise, a straight up bolt on.

Speaking from personal experience, a Defender 200TDi intake is next to impossible to find on its own. They just weren't made in same numbers as the Discos. I did manage to find a shop in Atlanta that would sell me the parts, but it was stressful ordeal. Let's just say he knows what he's sitting on.

Like o2batse said, a 300TDi might be easier if you can fab up a down pipe. I decided I wanted the Defender setup as it's as close to drop in as you get with these swaps.
    '67 sIIa 88