Thread: 68 Turn Signal Lens

Default 68 Turn Signal Lens

Is a 68 Series IIA turn signal lens supposed to be clear or yellow for US spec? I have clear Lucas glass lenses with yellow 1156bulbs. Hard to find yellow bulbs and wondering if they are supposed to be yellow lenses. Some pictures show yellow lenses. Thanks in advance
    Jim Henningsen
    Ocala, FL
    68 Series IIA 88

Don't know the answer to your question, but 1156 amber bulbs are not very uncommon, AFAIK.
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Jim:

What is your chassis number - out of curiosity? My 1968 is 24434013D

Here is a link to pictures of my truck: https://picasaweb.google.com/1081768...eat=directlink

I'd love to compare differences/similarities as it looks like your truck (from your avatar) is pre-bugeye like mine and probably very close production-wise.

Charlie

PS - that is not my truck in my avatar
    1968 Series IIa
    1997 Defender SW (Original Owner - Sold)

Can't speak to the "US Spec" thing, but my '66 LHD "rest of the world" model had clear lenses with amber bulbs. I have white bulbs in there now.