Thread: Yet another clutch question

Default Yet another clutch question

I have a 68 series lla that is new to me and I am sorting out a few minor issues. I have done a search and have seen this topic although I haven't seen the answer. Here goes-
    the clutch doesn't engage until the last inch of travel. I am more familiar with a manual clutch that is easily adjusted. It may matter that the brake master cylinder was recently replaced. I know the clutch has a separate side for fluid but I don't know if it was also run dry when the break work was done.
    What should I start with?
    68 Series IIa 88
    2004 Disco

I do believe there is an adjustment at the pedal box, and an adjustment at the bell housing. Check the green Bibles for the correct visual and measurement information. If the Master was replaced recently, bleeding is essential to proper function.