Thread: out of bounds

Default out of bounds

I know that this is waaay out of bounds. Has anyone ever thought of building a short wheel based Series 2 into a stake bed truck? Sides w a few 1x3's? I have a dog that thinks he is super dog. Can leap tall buildings w a single bound. Vertical galvanised conduits with a few horizontal 1x3's? I don't want to ruin the look, but the dog is an escape artist. Any thoughts?> Thanks!!

Here are a few images of some traybacks, I'm not sure if this is what you're looking to do or not, but they may help.

a leash?
    ------------------------------------------------
    72 SIII 88
    67 SIIA 109
    82 SIII Stage 1 V8
    -- http://www.youtube.com/barnfind88 --

I used to let my puppies in the front seat of my 88. Big mistake! They ruined the interior, bouncing around because their portly, stout, and bulbous round terrier bodies cannot sit still, in fact they cannot sit period! Result, had to install a dog guard fence, to keep one in the back, and let the elder senior terrier sit with me.

So, you aren't going to make a 'trayback' you want to know if anyone has done stake sides to slot into the holes that would usually take the soft top hoops. Basically leaving the tub as is and adding stakesides instead of a hard or soft top.

Not sure why it couldn't be done. It might even be helpful if you go pick up a bunch of bulky but light stuff.

I don't think that is even an out of bounds question. Out of bounds would be, "Can I paint 'Jeep' on the side of my Rover?" or "What Rover rims will take low profile tires?"
    1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
    1965 109 SW - nearly running well
    1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
    1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

Awesome, no low profile tires here. The photo of the traybacks were way cooler than I had imagined. He eats leashes for breakfast. And funny, but my neighbor always asks how my "Jeep" is coming along? When I get this SII on the road I may drive this "Jeep" over his prize rose bushes.
    Thanks for the suggestions I will provide a pic once I get it put together!! Kindest regards to you all!!

Because of the thorns the rose bushes will give good traction!
    1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
    1965 109 SW - nearly running well
    1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
    1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2