Thread: Trailer Light Constantly On

Default Trailer Light Constantly On

First time poster, long time lurker. I have a 98 Disco. The previous owner did a hack job on trailer wiring a while back, and after getting repeatedly shut in the back door, and having to pretty much replace the interior fuse box to get my indicators working correctly again, the trailer light on the dash is constantly on. Any suggestions as to what could be causing this?

I'd check to see if any of the wires are grounded, or shorted. There must be a load somewhere or the dash light wouldn't be on. Maybe one or more of the vehicle lights are wired directly into this trailer wiring? Or if this was wired in 'American Style', that might just account for the dash light being on, since it would be spliced into each individual light. In that case, ignore it.

'99 Disco II
    '95 R.R.C. Lwb (Gone...)
    '76 Series III Hybrid 109
    '70 Rover 3500S