Hey everyone, Ive got a healthy amount of issues happening at once. Im wondering if it is a coincidental multi-componant failure, or possibly corrosion that is making it seem like a $1000 worth of parts need replacng.
My disco was parked for a month, and I had to jump it. It was totally dead. I replaced the battery and there is a ringing sound (alert) and the battery light is on. Also, the tach is not working. I drove it a couple of blocks to my mechanic to test the alternator. He said they couldn't get it to start so they pushed it into the shop and think the fuel pump is bad, so they couldn't test the alternator. I got in, wiggled the shifter in park and it turned over, but would only run for a few seconds. He's probably right, but Im wondering what the sound means and if the problem could be a series of shorts relating to corrosion. Also, I pulled the radio and alarm fuses.

I really appreciate any tips on what to check, and advise on whether I should or shouldn't just replace the fuel pump and alternator before diving into the electrical abyss. Thanks