Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for all 1967 NADA 109 owners

Default Question for all 1967 NADA 109 owners

Could all of you that have one of the 811 NADA 109's pease post a picture of the rear of your truck. I am particularly interested in the area of the rear lights and license plate.

I recently purchased a book by James Taylor on Series II and IIa which shows and describes the rear of the IIa NADA 109 as having a clear back up light in addition to the red turn and stop light. It also shows a chrome number plate light holder. So what does your NADA have? If you can post a picture a description would be very helpful.

Paul

No backup lights, standard black number plate light.
    Which book are you referring to?
    Tom Rowe

Four wheel drive allows you to get stuck
    in places even more inaccessible.

62 88 reg
    67 NADA x2
    74 Air Portable - The Antichrist (tag 6A666)
    95 D1 - R380
    95 D90 - R380
    97 D1 - ZF

Same here. Black plate light, no backup light, and no signs one was ever installed. Granted mine had been through the wringer before I got it, but where would the reverse switch even go on the old gearboxes?
    '67 109 NADA #413 - rebuilding w/ TDI & galvy chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by superstator View Post
    Same here. Black plate light, no backup light, and no signs one was ever installed. Granted mine had been through the wringer before I got it, but where would the reverse switch even go on the old gearboxes?
    Same as the SIII reverse switch, on the top cover operated by the shifter.

Which book were you referencing?
    Tom Rowe

62 88 reg
    67 NADA x2
    95 D1 - R380
    95 D90 - R380
    97 D1 - ZF

The book is called Land Rover Series II and IIa Specificication Guide by James Taylor. ISBN 9781847971609 On Page 136 there is a picture and the following quote: The NADA 109 had a distinctive rear lighting configuration. The turn indicator lens were red, like the stop-and- tail lamp, there was a clear round reversing lamp, and the number plate lamp had a chromed housing.

I am curious because mine, like many others, has a black plastic plate light and no backup light.

Interesting that it even has a photo. In Land Rover: 65 Years of the 4 x 4 Workhorse he says the same thing with the addition that the reversing lamp is controlled by a switch on the dash.
    Seems like he made an error. I've never seen a '67 109 NADA as described. Not that I've seen them all obviously, but have seen a fair few.
    I wonder if maybe it was the very tail end of production. It would have to be very late, as I have 274 and 714 and neither have that configuration.
    Tom Rowe

62 88 reg
    67 NADA x2
    95 D1 - R380
    95 D90 - R380
    97 D1 - ZF

Attachment 10852

Here is a picture of the rear of my 1967 Land Rover NADA per your request

josh
    1967 Land Rover 109
    1966 Land Rover 109

Joshua Tyler

Two things:
    1) James Taylors books contain a number of errors particularly on the subject of North American Models
    2) Reversing Lamps were an option on NADA 109s and some of them have them while others do not. There are two common types of reverse lamps as well a lucas and a wipac type.

Yeah, I poked around the preview on Amazon, and found at least one other error in regards NADA models. Looks like a cool reference nonetheless, if a little far into rivet counting territory.
    '67 109 NADA #413 - rebuilding w/ TDI & galvy chassis.

Will send a pic later but on mine there are dual rectangular Wipac lights -assume they were added by one of the previous owners as never seen them on another NADA 109 -they are dim at best