Thread: Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement

Default Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement

My clutch slave cylinder is on the way out and it looks like I will need to replace it.

This is in a RHD '71 series IIa SWB.

Are there any tricks to this? It looks to me that other than needing to become a contortionist with tiny double jointed hands, it's just a case of undoing the 2 half inch bolts that hold it in, ripping the old one out and bolting in a new one...

...or am I missing something critical here...?

Given that I'm not a contortionist with tiny double jointed hands, can anyone give my any suggestions as to how I get those two bolts undone?

Cheers, and thanks for your help,
    Warren.

'71 Series IIa "Horace"
    88", RHD, 2.25 petrol.
    New Zealand.

Take your floor out. It makes it much easier.
    Jim

Damn. I was afraid that was going to be the response...

'71 Series IIa "Horace"
    88", RHD, 2.25 petrol.
    New Zealand.

I decided to replace the hose at the same time and that gave me more trouble than the slave cylinder. Mine had a banjo fitting which helped some, but not sure if that was added on by a previous owner or a standard part. I had to buy new crush washers for the banjo fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Opabob View Post
    I decided to replace the hose at the same time and that gave me more trouble than the slave cylinder. Mine had a banjo fitting which helped some, but not sure if that was added on by a previous owner or a standard part. I had to buy new crush washers for the banjo fitting.
    I had the banjo fitting on mine but removed it and installed the hose straight in - better fluid movement, in my view.

Ted