Thread: Sunroof leaking

Default Sunroof leaking

The back corner on the passenger side of my sunroof is leaking. With the heavy rain we've had, I've noticed it considerably. Is there an easy fix to this? Replace the striping/seal that lines the outer edges? Not sure if it's just not closing all the way or if it's shutting too far, but if it's not, I assume it's the seal. Anyone else experience this?
    First Time Rover Owner / Black 95 Range Rover County Classic 3.9L bought Oct. '14 / 135K

Make sure the drain lines are not clogged, my sunroof clogged and water started coming in.

Yes, make sure the drains are clear, and also be sure they're connected (the connectors are known to crack or break off entirely). Another thing to do is lubricate the track to be sure it's not sticking anywhere, use a good spray lubricant, not WD-40. Many don't know that you can operate the sunroof manually to be sure it has full travel, just in case the drive motor is stalling out during the closing sequence (this is usually caused by lack of lubrication or a broken component jamming the track).

'99 Disco II
    '95 R.R.C. Lwb (Gone...)
    ;76 Series III Hybrid 109
    '70 Rover 3500S