Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tub Alignment Problem

Havn't worked on the rover since Sat. Decided to go fishing on Sunday. If anything my passenger door needs to come up a little on the tub side. The tub now aligns well with a string line from the bulkhead to the back of the tub (fixed points). The door is a little low at the tub. A shim at the frame mount would do this if I can keep the top in place. The way I plan to do this is to tighten the bolts on the vertical frame mount, loosen up the bulkhead large mounting bolt, force in a shim and retighten. I imagine that it will take some persuation to rack the bulkhead a little.

if the hinges are loose it will drop,if the hinges are tight or rebuilt,try loosening the door to hinge bolts and the hinge to bulked bolts, now while holding up from the lower corner of the door as far as it will go tighten the hinge to bulkhed bolts and then tighten the hinge to door bolts, if door still is low loosen the three bolts on the RH upright to frame and lower bulkhed mounting bolt ( while leaving the left side tight since thats good) try forcing the the bulkhed forward to accieve your alignment(if nessesary add washers for shims)to lower bolt and tighten, if this doesn't work loosen the 3 RH upright to frame bolts and remove the lower mount bolt completely and now get you alignment and tighten the upright,if you get it this way the lower mount has been installed incorectly,leave in place and remove mount and install/weld correctly.....

I've already loosened hinge to bulkhead bolts and raised the back of the door as far as possible and retightened. Helped just a little. I did not loosen the hinge to door bolts this may add a little more. Shims between the bulkhead and frame will tilt the door the wrong way. I will need to pull the top of the bulkhead forward to get correct tilt. Plan on tackling this this weekend. Here's the fish I caught last weekend. 19" adirondack brook trout
    Last edited by siii8873; 09-19-2010 at 03:56 PM.

shim washers between the frame and lower bulkhed mount will not tilt the door it will only open up the door to tub gap.....

Default Call you Ishmael?

Quote Originally Posted by siii8873
    I've already loosened hinge to bulkhead bolts and raised the back of the door as far as possible and retightened. Helped just a little. I did not loosen the hinge to door bolts this may add a little more. Shims between the bulkhead and frame will tilt the door the wrong way. I will need to pull the top of the bulkhead forward to get correct tilt. Plan on tackling this this weekend. Here's the fish I caught last weekend. 19" adirondack brook trout
    Wow! Beautiful trout! Brookies out here get nowhere that size, though we do grow some big 'bows & cuts on the San Juan. Sweet!

Jeff
    1964 Series 2A SW, LHD mostly stock, often runs!

1991 Range Rover Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by badvibes
    Wow! Beautiful trout! Brookies out here get nowhere that size.

Jeff
    Must be all those chemicals in the water up there in NY, right Jeff?
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.